About Blackbutterfly Cards



I started making cards for pleasure in 2007, and quickly found my home was becoming swamped by cards everywhere. I decided to put some of them up for sale on a webpage in an effort to recoup some of the costs of my hobby. I called the webpage Blackbutterfly Handcrafted Cards, and it can be found at http://www.blackbutterfly2007.co.uk/

I try to take my cards to a couple of table sales or craft fairs a year, but make my cards mainly for friends and family. I would love the website sales to take off, as I nowhere near cover the costs involved in this all absorbing hobby, but for me the main thing is the pleasure I have in making my cards.
Recently I have decided to expand my blog to cover my other interests too. It's a sort of substitute for going to work and chatting to people, as due to ill health I was unable to work, and since the beginning of 2014 I am officially a pensioner.
Although I'll still show my cards, I'll also be covering my other interests and how I attempt to make ends meet day by day.

In fact anything that crosses my mind will be on here, so be prepared for waffle and a wasted five minutes as you read.
Make coffee and settle in, why don't you?




Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday Update

I got a phone call from my father last night requesting a card for my cousin's wife. She has to go into hospital on Wednesday for a Mastectomy, which will be followed up with Chemo. We won't know til after the op whether the cancer has spread to the Lymph nodes, so we are all keeping our fingers crossed for her. Anyway, I set to work and produced 2 cards. One for my father to send and one for myself and my daughter.




I've spent all morning sorting out craft bits, but haven't managed to make another card yet! I can't really settle into anything, I have something wrong with my ear, and it's niggling. I 'spose that'll mean a trip to the Doctor's tomorrow. It just feels swollen and painful inside. I probably caught something from the dog,lol, he's had a nasty pair of eyes all week. The vet gave us some ointment, but no clue how to give them to a 32kg GSX who doesn't like his head held, has NO intention of letting anyone near him with cotton wool to clean them or ointment to heal them. I think I've caught him asleep about 3 times, to insert some cream before he realises what I'm up to, but now his eyes fly open every time I move. Back to the vets Tuesday, and pick up a sedative tablet on Monday so the Vet can see what's what!

No comments:

Post a Comment