About Blackbutterfly Cards



I started making cards for pleasure in 2007, and quickly found my home was becoming swamped by cards everywhere. I decided to put some of them up for sale on a webpage in an effort to recoup some of the costs of my hobby. I called the webpage Blackbutterfly Handcrafted Cards, and it can be found at http://www.blackbutterfly2007.co.uk/

I try to take my cards to a couple of table sales or craft fairs a year, but make my cards mainly for friends and family. I would love the website sales to take off, as I nowhere near cover the costs involved in this all absorbing hobby, but for me the main thing is the pleasure I have in making my cards.
Recently I have decided to expand my blog to cover my other interests too. It's a sort of substitute for going to work and chatting to people, as due to ill health I was unable to work, and since the beginning of 2014 I am officially a pensioner.
Although I'll still show my cards, I'll also be covering my other interests and how I attempt to make ends meet day by day.

In fact anything that crosses my mind will be on here, so be prepared for waffle and a wasted five minutes as you read.
Make coffee and settle in, why don't you?




Saturday, May 08, 2010

Another Birthday Card


Just a quick post here today. Busy, busy in this household! I just wanted to post a card I made for one of the forum members, using a stamped image donated in the monthly swap, by someone else off the same forum.
Confused yet?

I carefully made a note of the name of the stamp, because I absolutely love it, and promptly lost it!! If anyone knows what it is called, I'd love you to tell me.

I turned the image into an easel card, used pale mint green paper as a background, and pale pink as a contrast and also some silver mirri. The diamantes are also pale green. The greeting was printed in pink from the computer, and then die cut out using my nestabilities. I then added a silk flower, topped with 2 stamped daisy centres in toning card all held together with a pearl brad


No comments:

Post a Comment