About Blackbutterfly Cards



I started making cards for pleasure in 2007, and quickly found my home was becoming swamped by cards everywhere. I decided to put some of them up for sale on a webpage in an effort to recoup some of the costs of my hobby. I called the webpage Blackbutterfly Handcrafted Cards, and it can be found at http://www.blackbutterfly2007.co.uk/

I try to take my cards to a couple of table sales or craft fairs a year, but make my cards mainly for friends and family. I would love the website sales to take off, as I nowhere near cover the costs involved in this all absorbing hobby, but for me the main thing is the pleasure I have in making my cards.
Recently I have decided to expand my blog to cover my other interests too. It's a sort of substitute for going to work and chatting to people, as due to ill health I was unable to work, and since the beginning of 2014 I am officially a pensioner.
Although I'll still show my cards, I'll also be covering my other interests and how I attempt to make ends meet day by day.

In fact anything that crosses my mind will be on here, so be prepared for waffle and a wasted five minutes as you read.
Make coffee and settle in, why don't you?




Sunday, May 20, 2012

Maybe a change of direction...............

I seem to have hit the doldrums in my enthusiasm for everything lately. I don't make many cards, I can't raise any energy for cooking, my income has remained the same although my expenses have rocketed. Maybe I'm suffering from a bit of depression, but my 'get up and go' has 'got up and gone'. All I know is I'm finding it very hard to do anything. I haven't posted on here for a long long time despite my best efforts.
 I seem to have lots of people making demands and taking up my time with projects I don't really want to do, or feel too tired to enjoy.
So I find myself looking at this blog and thinking, if I'm not posting about making cards, perhaps I should be posting about all the other things going on in my day to day life ..........at least until my muse returns...........or maybe permanently?Hopefully the nice people who follow my blog will stay with me until I start reproducing some more cards, or they may enjoy seeing what else I can make in my evening hours.
Whatever happens, this blog has to have some fresh life generated into it somehow. I've been reading lots of other blogs which I hoped would inspire me........and if I had more energy........ they would!!
For the immediate future tho' I'm going to be blogging about my day to day existence..........self indulgent I admit, but I hope you don't mind!.............and at least it's  SOMETHING....

No comments:

Post a Comment