About Blackbutterfly Cards



I started making cards for pleasure in 2007, and quickly found my home was becoming swamped by cards everywhere. I decided to put some of them up for sale on a webpage in an effort to recoup some of the costs of my hobby. I called the webpage Blackbutterfly Handcrafted Cards, and it can be found at http://www.blackbutterfly2007.co.uk/

I try to take my cards to a couple of table sales or craft fairs a year, but make my cards mainly for friends and family. I would love the website sales to take off, as I nowhere near cover the costs involved in this all absorbing hobby, but for me the main thing is the pleasure I have in making my cards.
Recently I have decided to expand my blog to cover my other interests too. It's a sort of substitute for going to work and chatting to people, as due to ill health I was unable to work, and since the beginning of 2014 I am officially a pensioner.
Although I'll still show my cards, I'll also be covering my other interests and how I attempt to make ends meet day by day.

In fact anything that crosses my mind will be on here, so be prepared for waffle and a wasted five minutes as you read.
Make coffee and settle in, why don't you?




Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Autumn is officially here

The weather is chilling now and I've resorted to my little electric fire on a few nights lately. With autumn comes the first of the Xmas cards. After a long, long break from making any at all, I settled down determined to use my new stamps from Lili of the Valley.
I really struggled to make them. It was as though I'd forgotten everything I ever knew about card crafting. Even using the Promarkers wasn't easy, and my colouring left a lot to be desired. I suppose it serves me right, as the saying goes 'use it or lose it', and I've nearly lost it!  By the time Christmas is over tho' I should have made enough to get back into the swing of things (I hope). So here's the two I made, you might have seen them a couple of days ago on Facebook, but I've been rushed off my feet here with cooking, washing, and getting up to date with different personal bits. It doesn't look as though it's going to get any quieter as the week goes on. But hopefully I can get another couple of posts up before the weekend. I'm thinking of telling everyone I'm going away for a fortnight just to get some peace and quiet!




































I haven't decided who will recieve these two yet, or whether I'll put them on the website for sale, and if no one wants them by the middle of December then I'll use them myself.

I had a tickly throat the other day, and decided I was going to build up my immune system early this year. I put on my hunter gatherer hat, or rather my foraging hat if I'm honest. I spent a good half hour or so collecting Rose hips around the housing estate gardens and came home to make my first ever batch of Rose hip syrup............and very nice it is too!. The throat didn't develop into anything, but I'm taking no chances. a spoonful of this every day should help keep the sniffles at bay this winter.




Must dash now, I've got some washing to put out to dry before I go to bed, and I must get an early night. I have my organic vegetable box being delivered tomorrow, and there's a chance it will arrive extremely early.
I'll try to remember to take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment