About Blackbutterfly Cards



I started making cards for pleasure in 2007, and quickly found my home was becoming swamped by cards everywhere. I decided to put some of them up for sale on a webpage in an effort to recoup some of the costs of my hobby. I called the webpage Blackbutterfly Handcrafted Cards, and it can be found at http://www.blackbutterfly2007.co.uk/

I try to take my cards to a couple of table sales or craft fairs a year, but make my cards mainly for friends and family. I would love the website sales to take off, as I nowhere near cover the costs involved in this all absorbing hobby, but for me the main thing is the pleasure I have in making my cards.
Recently I have decided to expand my blog to cover my other interests too. It's a sort of substitute for going to work and chatting to people, as due to ill health I was unable to work, and since the beginning of 2014 I am officially a pensioner.
Although I'll still show my cards, I'll also be covering my other interests and how I attempt to make ends meet day by day.

In fact anything that crosses my mind will be on here, so be prepared for waffle and a wasted five minutes as you read.
Make coffee and settle in, why don't you?




Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Whoopee!......I made a card!

I finally made a birthday card, I'm so happy! I struggled a bit, but I made it in the end. You wouldn't think your creating cells would seize up when you don't use them would you? Well they do, but I think with a bit of determination I could get them oiled and working again. I even found the colouring was more difficult than it used to be, so I'm glad it was a fairly simple design.The card was for a very good friend of mine in Holland, and I shall be going to see them later in the year.

This is the finished result

I haven't added any glitter or 'pretty bits' as the card is for a man, however he did say once in passing that he didn't understand why people thought a man wouldn't like a card with flowers and things, so I hope this will be acceptable.
The stamp was from Little Claire. They do several tree designs and I'd dearly like to get some more. 
I used two different sets of Nestabilites, and layered them up on blobs of silicon glue. The papers are from Nitwits collection, I think it's their 'Promises' 8 x8 pad available from Lili of the Valley.

I'm so pleased with this card, I feel as though I've really achieved something today.

Bye for now....................

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful birthday card, no wonder you are pleased with it.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card hope you can make some more. Thanks for visiting my blog. The cards you commented on were not my design or choice of paper etc. The class I sometimes go to you make the cards that have been designed by owner of the business. Sometime get chance to change a bit. I go for learning different techniques really and the company :-) Anne x

    ReplyDelete