About Blackbutterfly Cards



I started making cards for pleasure in 2007, and quickly found my home was becoming swamped by cards everywhere. I decided to put some of them up for sale on a webpage in an effort to recoup some of the costs of my hobby. I called the webpage Blackbutterfly Handcrafted Cards, and it can be found at http://www.blackbutterfly2007.co.uk/

I try to take my cards to a couple of table sales or craft fairs a year, but make my cards mainly for friends and family. I would love the website sales to take off, as I nowhere near cover the costs involved in this all absorbing hobby, but for me the main thing is the pleasure I have in making my cards.
Recently I have decided to expand my blog to cover my other interests too. It's a sort of substitute for going to work and chatting to people, as due to ill health I was unable to work, and since the beginning of 2014 I am officially a pensioner.
Although I'll still show my cards, I'll also be covering my other interests and how I attempt to make ends meet day by day.

In fact anything that crosses my mind will be on here, so be prepared for waffle and a wasted five minutes as you read.
Make coffee and settle in, why don't you?




Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A quick visit

It's been a funny old day, I was sitting quietly this morning, reading my emails when all of a sudden everything shut down on me. The fire shut off, and the computer went black. "Darn it," I thought, "how the heck did I run out of Electricity  THAT quickly, and what the heck can I do, my purse is bare?"  Well, to start with, I thought I'd stick the key in the meter to gain my emergency £5, whilst I raided my piggy bank, but as I did so I found out the reason for my excessive electricity usage........... I hadn't topped up the meter on pay day, there was still £30 on the key! I called myself several silly names, but it was quite a relief!

I've spent some of my fun money today on 3  of the Lilli of the valley rubber stamps that I've had my eye on for a while, I'll post pictures when they arrive. They had a short sale on and I couldn't resist....I've been so good about not buying new craft stuff for a while now. But I do think I'll have to go through my stash and put some stuff on E-bay. There are things I've bought, that I've used once and then never touched again, it's time to sort out!One bit of good news today I've had an enquiry about my breadmaker that I have for sale on Preloved......fingers crossed please.

I've spent time this evening back on the internet researching a fire and surround for next winter. I've set my heart on a Dimplex optimyst electric stove, and I rather fancy a mantel above it. Unfortunately I don't actually have a fireplace........so I think I'm going to have make a false one and set the stove on a slate hearth.   I really hate a room without character, and a fire will add just the look I want.  I've been working out income and expenditure and savings and thinking I could perhaps get one installed by the end of October........fingers crossed. As they say, watch this space.
  I've begun to get some of my targets for January done, but it's a slow old job, I'd better get a move on, or some of the targets will be moved into February.  My spare days are beginning to fill up for this month. I have the OT assessor coming next Monday to see what adaptations I may need here. My daughter is out on Tuesday's and Thursdays for the next few weeks, so I won't have her help. I had a letter from my doctors telling me I have to arrange my 6 monthly blood tests again.   Gosh, My life is all go! 
But priority is that I must get this desk sorted as I have to make birthday card to be posted off to Holland for the end of this month. Why am I so disorganised?.........there is laundry to be done and ironing to be finished,  ..... never mind, I'll get there in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment