About Blackbutterfly Cards



I started making cards for pleasure in 2007, and quickly found my home was becoming swamped by cards everywhere. I decided to put some of them up for sale on a webpage in an effort to recoup some of the costs of my hobby. I called the webpage Blackbutterfly Handcrafted Cards, and it can be found at http://www.blackbutterfly2007.co.uk/

I try to take my cards to a couple of table sales or craft fairs a year, but make my cards mainly for friends and family. I would love the website sales to take off, as I nowhere near cover the costs involved in this all absorbing hobby, but for me the main thing is the pleasure I have in making my cards.
Recently I have decided to expand my blog to cover my other interests too. It's a sort of substitute for going to work and chatting to people, as due to ill health I was unable to work, and since the beginning of 2014 I am officially a pensioner.
Although I'll still show my cards, I'll also be covering my other interests and how I attempt to make ends meet day by day.

In fact anything that crosses my mind will be on here, so be prepared for waffle and a wasted five minutes as you read.
Make coffee and settle in, why don't you?




Saturday, July 17, 2010

Just a quick blog!

I just wanted to add a picture of my latest card for the website. Its been a long time since I've done a gothic card, and to be honest I'm not quite into it yet...........gotta get the brain functioning on dark and devious things.
Its been a noisy morning which hasn't helped my concentration, we've suffered loud, thumping music for over 4 hours, from my upstairs neighbour!
On the other hand, towards the end, thoughts of blood and sharp things were certainly floating around my head, and you don't get much darker than that............ Hee Hee!!
So here's my latest, and I think I'll enter it for the L for Lace challenge on the Alphabet Challenge Blog. After all it has got lace!!
It's just a small A6 size on black cardstock, layered with silver mirri. The picture I printed off my computer, matted onto purple pearlescent card, edged with purple stickles the I added
black lace to the back of the image stack and stuck at an angle on the card. Stardust stickles added to the head jewellery with a bright pink star gem in the centre, plus a diamante as the centre of her pendant. The age label was made with silver peel off figures. I'm not totally happy with it, but I can't pinpoint why........so in it goes "as it is"

4 comments:

  1. Great card! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card - I think you have captured the Goth feeling ! Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your card!

    Inken
    (Alphabet Challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card. Thanks for joining the alphabet challenge

    ReplyDelete