About Blackbutterfly Cards



I started making cards for pleasure in 2007, and quickly found my home was becoming swamped by cards everywhere. I decided to put some of them up for sale on a webpage in an effort to recoup some of the costs of my hobby. I called the webpage Blackbutterfly Handcrafted Cards, and it can be found at http://www.blackbutterfly2007.co.uk/

I try to take my cards to a couple of table sales or craft fairs a year, but make my cards mainly for friends and family. I would love the website sales to take off, as I nowhere near cover the costs involved in this all absorbing hobby, but for me the main thing is the pleasure I have in making my cards.
Recently I have decided to expand my blog to cover my other interests too. It's a sort of substitute for going to work and chatting to people, as due to ill health I was unable to work, and since the beginning of 2014 I am officially a pensioner.
Although I'll still show my cards, I'll also be covering my other interests and how I attempt to make ends meet day by day.

In fact anything that crosses my mind will be on here, so be prepared for waffle and a wasted five minutes as you read.
Make coffee and settle in, why don't you?




Sunday, July 11, 2010

Shhhhhhhhhh.........I'm thinking Christmas!

I set to and made my first two Christmas cards of 2010. I don't usually start quite this early, but I'm determined not to get a last minute rush, and anyway someone on one of the Forums has been making since Easter, and I was starting to feel Guilty.........yes, and that is with a capital 'G'
 So here are two very simple easel cards, which have struggled their way out of my brain, but as the Muse hopefully arrives and I get inspired, I hope to make some I feel MUCH happier about later on.
The first one on the left uses some Daisy & Dandelion papers from last year, and the stamp, of course, is Whiff of Joy's Henry Mouse who I absolutely adore! The second one was made using Lili of the Valley down loadable papers which are extremely reasonable. Both of these designs are on the same pdf file for only 50p;  a bargain as far as I'm concerned!! The images  are from Penny Black and are in the clear stamp set called Holly Day Critters.




I also went back to decorating a card with Quilling yesterday, after a break of over a year. I never got very far with it when I first tried it, but the stuff was sitting in a nice box, feeling neglected, so I thought I'd better try again. It started out as a practice run, but then someone said they liked my cards and would love one made for her...."just to say hello".So as a surprise, this will be arriving with her this afternoon.
 A lot of the flowers have had beads inserted into the centres, and the leaves have been die cut from some card which had gold accents through it. The sentiment panel has been cut with deckle edge scissors, and outlined with a gold Calligraphy pen. The glorious chiffon ribbon is courtesy of Joanna Sheen.
I sort of half had it in mind to do some quilled cards for Xmas, but I'll see how I feel about that later, as they are  VERY time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment