About Blackbutterfly Cards



I started making cards for pleasure in 2007, and quickly found my home was becoming swamped by cards everywhere. I decided to put some of them up for sale on a webpage in an effort to recoup some of the costs of my hobby. I called the webpage Blackbutterfly Handcrafted Cards, and it can be found at http://www.blackbutterfly2007.co.uk/

I try to take my cards to a couple of table sales or craft fairs a year, but make my cards mainly for friends and family. I would love the website sales to take off, as I nowhere near cover the costs involved in this all absorbing hobby, but for me the main thing is the pleasure I have in making my cards.
Recently I have decided to expand my blog to cover my other interests too. It's a sort of substitute for going to work and chatting to people, as due to ill health I was unable to work, and since the beginning of 2014 I am officially a pensioner.
Although I'll still show my cards, I'll also be covering my other interests and how I attempt to make ends meet day by day.

In fact anything that crosses my mind will be on here, so be prepared for waffle and a wasted five minutes as you read.
Make coffee and settle in, why don't you?




Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Just a quickie............no pics!

Just a quick post to apologise for deserting my blog for so long. I've been quite busy lately with one thing and another. I had to make 7 Easter Cards to swop with members of a forum I belong to. Unfortunately Easter Cards are always something I've struggled with for some reason, so I prevaricated and delayed ( 'cos we've known since Xmas we were planning this), until I was left with just a couple of days to go, and STILL not a card made.
In the end I rushed them through in the simplest way imaginable, without a spark of inspiration, only to receive the first from someone else with exactly the same image I'd used!!
I slept badly that night dreaming that we had all used the same stamp and everyone had made identical cards!! HORRORS!!
Anyway, they are all posted now, and hopefully I'll do better at the next challenge swap.
Got a nasty feeling tho' that the postman cleared the box early that day, cos as I dropped mine into it, it sounded VERY empty.
Collection was due at 5.30pm, I posted at 5,20..........sigh...........ah well, should have posted them a day early really.

I have a card order for a Ruby wedding, so I'm hoping the roses I've ordered from Wild Orchid Craft's turn up in time........there's too many Bank Holidays all of a sudden!! If they don't arrive Thursday, I'm going to be biting my nails off all over Easter! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Still waiting to move my craft room back into my bedroom, so we can have the living room back and fit to greet visitors. It's embarrassing at the moment with paper, glitter and glue all over the place.
I just need to organise my son & my daughter to have enough energy and mild enthusiasm to help me, both on the same day!...............................ohhhhhhhhhhhh look!....another flying pig!!

I know they'll pitch in eventually.........but I'm not noted for my patience.....lol

ok......back to designing this Ruby wedding card............and I promise some pictures next time.

2 comments:

  1. Well done you on your Easter Cards (even if they did have the same image!) I have dreams of being chased by cards!! Look forward to your 'pictures'
    (lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been dreaming about sticky dot lately - I don't even use them that much, but have a project coming up when I will be using them.
    Wouldn't it be funny if we all used the same image! lol
    Mine still aren't finished, so don't feel too bad that you missed the early post :/

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete