About Blackbutterfly Cards



I started making cards for pleasure in 2007, and quickly found my home was becoming swamped by cards everywhere. I decided to put some of them up for sale on a webpage in an effort to recoup some of the costs of my hobby. I called the webpage Blackbutterfly Handcrafted Cards, and it can be found at http://www.blackbutterfly2007.co.uk/

I try to take my cards to a couple of table sales or craft fairs a year, but make my cards mainly for friends and family. I would love the website sales to take off, as I nowhere near cover the costs involved in this all absorbing hobby, but for me the main thing is the pleasure I have in making my cards.
Recently I have decided to expand my blog to cover my other interests too. It's a sort of substitute for going to work and chatting to people, as due to ill health I was unable to work, and since the beginning of 2014 I am officially a pensioner.
Although I'll still show my cards, I'll also be covering my other interests and how I attempt to make ends meet day by day.

In fact anything that crosses my mind will be on here, so be prepared for waffle and a wasted five minutes as you read.
Make coffee and settle in, why don't you?




Sunday, April 03, 2011

Mothers Day Card



I've been waiting to post this for several days now!! I couldn't do so until after the card had been given, just in case. The thing is............I finally got an order courtesy of Google!! I was amazed when I asked where the lady found me.


The request itself was pretty detailed,............ the image was to be of a "comfy chair", the colours asked for were peach and green, and there were to be orange roses on the card.


All the wording was supplied by the customer, so no frantic searchings through my brain or the web to find something suitable there! LOL .




My first problem was the image. You have no idea how hard it is to find a SUITABLE image of a comfy chair, that DOESN'T look as though it's been lifted straight from the pages of a catalogue!! In the end I found a VERY old clipart cd, that came free with something years ago, and on it was a line drawing that looked as though it might do the trick. I tried printing and colouring with promarkers, but it just wasn't that good an image, and I was VERY dissatisfied with it. Then I remembered some design papers I had bought from Bearly Mine, ( who have some April freebies up at the moment, I might add, for those of you who are interested).


The range I actually used was the Vintage set, and I printed the peach design on some white pearlescent card stock (to give it a sheen), then put the card through again with several copies of the clipart set to print over the top. Then of course, it was just a case of cutting out and decoupaging, and shading a bit with one of my promarkers. I printed out a couple of sheets of the green design and used that as backing paper.








I also put one of the sheets into a graphics programme and faded out sections to make the insert, again, printing the wording over it with the computer to complete. I put a touch of stickles glitter glue onto the edges of the roses, just to add a bit of glamour. Anyway..............this was the finished result and I got an email back telling me it had arrived safely and how thrilled they were with it. I'm so glad, 'cos I always worry about whether the customer will be satisfied with the final result. Big sigh of relief, and now I can share with you all.span>




I have an 80th birthday commission to share later on today (or possibly tomorrow), it's been an active few days!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Lynne, it's goegeous! Love how you've put it all together.
    And how fantastic to get an order through google!! The first of many! ;)

    I'll wish you a happy mother's day too, I hope you're having a good one

    Sheena xxx

    ReplyDelete