I also received in the post my long awaited Lili of the Valley stamp "Angel Gabriel". I haven't made a card with it yet, but it was so cute, I had to colour it in straight away. It just makes me smile..........it's every nativity play in primary schools all over the country!
The last couple of days I spent making cards from Pink Petticoat images, to offer as design team entries. They asked for cards, tags or projects,......... but only 2. Now I have to decide if the ones I made are good enough, whether I need to try again, or, if they ARE good enough, which two to choose, and finally whether my nerve will hold long enough to actually send them anyway. I made a little Origami box and decorated it lightly as a "project". I actually like this and think they would be great with one of those oversized quality chocs you see about at Xmas put in them. What a great tree gift!!
Then I made this little A6 card. The image is matted onto silver card
and has been watercoloured and the tree decorations glittered using a quickie glue pen and fine blue glitter. I added some silver lace down the card, which I threaded some dark green ribbon through and added a bow at the top. Not sure about this one I have to admit!
The next card was done with three panels, using 3 Christmas trees from the same set of digital stamps. After I made it I realised that it looked a little like a set of traffic lights (ARGH!!) but when I made it, I was thinking, Christmas colours - red, gold & green. Which in itself was a little unfortunate, cos all the time I was making it I then had Culture Club-Karma Chameleon running through my brain, and have done ever since!! You have no idea how annoying that song can get after two days solid!
Anyway, the images I put a small amount of colour onto, using sakura stardust pens, and outlined the main images using the Quickie Glue Pen, and silver glitter. They were matted a layered onto silver and coloured card from my stash. I placed a scarlet satin ribbon across the card, and tied a small piece of matching ribbon in between each image. The outside images are stuck flat onto the card and the centre one was put onto an extra piece of silver card using 2mm sticky pads and then attached to the card using another set of 2 mm pads to raise it up and give the whole card more 'interest'.
Last but not least is this little penguin. I've covered the card with snowflake design paper, a strip of pearlised blue paper and punched the edges, and the edge of the actual card with my Martha Stewart punch. The penguin's hat was coloured with Pro-markers, and the spots, trim and bobble highlighted with Stickles 'Frosted Lace'. I matted and layered the image using nestabilites dies, raised on 2 mm sticky pads, & then I decoupaged the actual penguin.
The black colour was added by cutting out a shape from the new Anita's outline stickers adhesive sheets , they give a slightly frosted sheen to his feathers, which I liked a lot.
To finish off I added some white plastic confetti snowflakes which I dipped in Aleenes Tacky glue and frosted with holographic glitter, (they sparkle very prettily in the light), and very last of all I added a blue ribbon tied in a bow down the edge. Quite a longish post today, but I hoped you enjoyed it!! Whatever is left of your Sunday, I hope you are having a great day.