About Blackbutterfly Cards



I started making cards for pleasure in 2007, and quickly found my home was becoming swamped by cards everywhere. I decided to put some of them up for sale on a webpage in an effort to recoup some of the costs of my hobby. I called the webpage Blackbutterfly Handcrafted Cards, and it can be found at http://www.blackbutterfly2007.co.uk/

I try to take my cards to a couple of table sales or craft fairs a year, but make my cards mainly for friends and family. I would love the website sales to take off, as I nowhere near cover the costs involved in this all absorbing hobby, but for me the main thing is the pleasure I have in making my cards.
Recently I have decided to expand my blog to cover my other interests too. It's a sort of substitute for going to work and chatting to people, as due to ill health I was unable to work, and since the beginning of 2014 I am officially a pensioner.
Although I'll still show my cards, I'll also be covering my other interests and how I attempt to make ends meet day by day.

In fact anything that crosses my mind will be on here, so be prepared for waffle and a wasted five minutes as you read.
Make coffee and settle in, why don't you?




Thursday, August 12, 2010

Baby Girl Birth Congratulations

I have almost finished making a card for a new baby, (just awaiting confirmation of the wording required on it), but I couldn't resist showing it off cos I so enjoyed making this one.
 Thanks to someone for the idea of shading the image parts in grey, I saw the idea somewhere and was going to post a link, but the name has vanished from my brain without a trace...........hang on..........wait a bit...........GOTTIT!! .........   it was Spyder in her tutorial about paper peicing. Thanks Spyder, a simple idea, but I wouldn't have thought of it on my own.
Anyway.............the front of this card is done in acetate. The Messy Rabbit image & the ribbon by Joanna Sheen, The Ribbon slider/buckle and flowers by Wild Orchid and the butterflies are holographic peeloffs stuck onto acetate and glued on with silicon so they 'fly' off the page. The gingham paper was a download I've had 'forever', and the box was a purchased one.
 The box started off plain white, but I stuck the window panel on the wrong side of the box,....(DUH!)... and as it was my last one I had to improvise. So I covered the box with matching gingham paper, and added a silver butterfly from the papermania Gemstone stickers range. Sneaky huh?
I hope the pictures show it up ok, one day I'll have a really decent camera!





1 comment:

  1. better late than never, just had to say, this is fabulous!!
    and hiding your mistake, no one will ever know!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete