About Blackbutterfly Cards



I started making cards for pleasure in 2007, and quickly found my home was becoming swamped by cards everywhere. I decided to put some of them up for sale on a webpage in an effort to recoup some of the costs of my hobby. I called the webpage Blackbutterfly Handcrafted Cards, and it can be found at http://www.blackbutterfly2007.co.uk/

I try to take my cards to a couple of table sales or craft fairs a year, but make my cards mainly for friends and family. I would love the website sales to take off, as I nowhere near cover the costs involved in this all absorbing hobby, but for me the main thing is the pleasure I have in making my cards.
Recently I have decided to expand my blog to cover my other interests too. It's a sort of substitute for going to work and chatting to people, as due to ill health I was unable to work, and since the beginning of 2014 I am officially a pensioner.
Although I'll still show my cards, I'll also be covering my other interests and how I attempt to make ends meet day by day.

In fact anything that crosses my mind will be on here, so be prepared for waffle and a wasted five minutes as you read.
Make coffee and settle in, why don't you?




Friday, August 20, 2010

My latest LOTV stamp

Just enough time to dash in and out to show off my latest LOTV stamp. She's such a perfect little angel!!
Got to go and put a couple of cards up elsewhere tonight, so no time to chat, really. It's been a lovely day, my son came to visit bearing gifts........a joint of meat and some veggies, so dinner tonight was on him! It was wonderful. He's just gone so I have to catch up on everything I haven't done earlier today! Please ignore the very bad faux stitching around the edge of the card. It's my first attempt and it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be..............I should have known, the easiest looking techniques are always the ones with the ability to go pear shaped at the slightest opportunity!!
Hope you like her, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment