About Blackbutterfly Cards



I started making cards for pleasure in 2007, and quickly found my home was becoming swamped by cards everywhere. I decided to put some of them up for sale on a webpage in an effort to recoup some of the costs of my hobby. I called the webpage Blackbutterfly Handcrafted Cards, and it can be found at http://www.blackbutterfly2007.co.uk/

I try to take my cards to a couple of table sales or craft fairs a year, but make my cards mainly for friends and family. I would love the website sales to take off, as I nowhere near cover the costs involved in this all absorbing hobby, but for me the main thing is the pleasure I have in making my cards.
Recently I have decided to expand my blog to cover my other interests too. It's a sort of substitute for going to work and chatting to people, as due to ill health I was unable to work, and since the beginning of 2014 I am officially a pensioner.
Although I'll still show my cards, I'll also be covering my other interests and how I attempt to make ends meet day by day.

In fact anything that crosses my mind will be on here, so be prepared for waffle and a wasted five minutes as you read.
Make coffee and settle in, why don't you?




Friday, August 27, 2010

Thank You Andria!

My first award EVER!! Thanks to you, Andria, at Iona-Rose . especially as her card making designs leave me  in awe of her talent which makes this doubly appreciated! If you haven't seen her blog you should really pay a visit............and soon!
There are some rules to go with this award so I'll get that done now, before I forget!
1) THANK THE PERSON WHO GAVE ME THIS AWARD - Thank you once more, you can't imagine how pleased I am to get this
2) PLACE THE AWARD ON YOUR BLOG - Well, I did that first, ( just couldn't wait, y'see?)
3) LIST 3 THINGS YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF - Ohhhhhh difficult!  I'm pretty tolerant of others opinions, "live and let live" is my motto.  I like my eyes. I like to help others if I possibly can.
4) POST A PICTURE YOU LOVE - this took me a while to find, but was taken in April 2004. It features myself, my father and my very dear friends from Holland, and shows one of the happiest moments of my life. 
I have been unable to go and see them for about 3 years now, and miss them terribly. This was taken on a boat in the Ijsselmeer somwhere between Medemblik and Enkhuizen. This is also the only picture with all of us together.

5) PASS THE AWARD TO 5 OTHER PEOPLE - Gosh! How do you chooose just 5? If I miss someone, please don't take it personally!!   So in no specific order
1 - Squirrels World -  just cos I love her cards.
2 - Ikki's Cuttlebug Cupboard - This is an amazing site and has opened my eyes to so many possibilities of using the bug I would never have thought of myself. I don't suppose she needs  an award like this, her site is already so succesful and amazing, but she surely deserves it in my book.
3 - Jeanette  at Happy Thoughts and Inkspots  She's on several design teams and never fails to inspire me.
4 - Spyders Corner - because on my worst days, she still makes me smile when I read her blog. I would love mine to be half as much fun and as informative as this.
5 - And last but not least, ( and I hope this is within the rules ) I nominate  NB Mr David.
 Brenda and her husband are live aboard narrow boat owners, and she also makes cards, many of which feature wonderful scenes of the canals in all seasons of the year. She also sells her cards here, and was the person who first made me think about running my own blog. I follow her blog religiously, and its interesting to read about their travels as well as see her cards.
-

3 comments:

  1. Thank you soooo much Bets!! For thinking of me for this lovely award!! I shall add it here if that's okay! (too many pictures of me and my family will probably scare people off!!! Thank you again for thinking of me!!

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bets, thank you so much for your lovely comments about the Cupboard - I really do appreciate your time and support. Congratulations of your lst award, I'm sure it will be the first of many, and thank you for thinking of me! ikki

    ReplyDelete