About Blackbutterfly Cards



I started making cards for pleasure in 2007, and quickly found my home was becoming swamped by cards everywhere. I decided to put some of them up for sale on a webpage in an effort to recoup some of the costs of my hobby. I called the webpage Blackbutterfly Handcrafted Cards, and it can be found at http://www.blackbutterfly2007.co.uk/

I try to take my cards to a couple of table sales or craft fairs a year, but make my cards mainly for friends and family. I would love the website sales to take off, as I nowhere near cover the costs involved in this all absorbing hobby, but for me the main thing is the pleasure I have in making my cards.
Recently I have decided to expand my blog to cover my other interests too. It's a sort of substitute for going to work and chatting to people, as due to ill health I was unable to work, and since the beginning of 2014 I am officially a pensioner.
Although I'll still show my cards, I'll also be covering my other interests and how I attempt to make ends meet day by day.

In fact anything that crosses my mind will be on here, so be prepared for waffle and a wasted five minutes as you read.
Make coffee and settle in, why don't you?




Saturday, August 07, 2010

More about Lady Raven

Finally!............I never did get back to tell more about the stamp I used yesterday. Family life really takes too much time from my crafting!!

 Seriously tho', I have fallen for the Gothik Angelz stamps from Kenny K's. They are digital downloads, and so far I've bought two, but I see about 4 more I would lurve to own. I treated myself to Lady Raven first, which you saw yesterday, and I also bought "Star" who isn't actually in the new Gothik Angelz range, but is so similar in design, she fits in just fine.
I printed them off a little too large at first, but I can make them smaller next time I want to use them. I coloured them with Promarkers, however I really need a larger range of greys to do justice to them. I may try colouring them next time with twinkling H2O's.
 I've not made a card yet with Star, but I've coloured the image..............
I did the bangles and metal parts of the guitar with gold pen, highlighted her hair with sakura stardust dark blue pen, and the red parts with 'xmas red' stickles. Her eyes are glittered with stickles 'stardust' eyeshadow...........very Rock Chick! I really love that little eye peeping out at you, I can see myself using this a lot for teenagers birthday cards. I'd tell you more about the colours I used, but I always forget to take notes and can never recall afterwards all the colours I've used! ( I know, annoying aren't I, but I put it down to my age)                                                                                    Busy, busy day today so this is just a short one! Bye now.

3 comments:

  1. Love Kenny K's stamps! I bought 4 of them and coloured this one last week - I must do something with it (hopefully today!)
    I didn't see the lady Raven one so I think I might need to visit the site again!
    Love how you've coloured them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen this challenge blog:

    http://kennykkraftygirlzchallenges.blogspot.com/

    Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love these Kenny K's images! I googled the name and have been looking at all sorts! and now I've seen the link above I'll have to go and look at that too!! Fabulous coloured image!

    (Lyn))

    ReplyDelete